WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information.
The RxList drug medical dictionary contains definitions and explanations of many medical terms including prescription medication abbreviations. Medical terms are from MedTerms™ and are written by pharmacists and U.S. Board Certified Physicians; the same authors of the Webster's New World™ Medical Dictionary.
Construction Jargon -- pictures and terms - you'll love it!
The NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms features 8,154 terms related to cancer and medicine.
iOS Apps - Visit iTunes to Download
Engineering Dictionary - Terminology & Definitions
Engineering Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 28,000 engineering terms and 9,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill.
Whether you're an engineer, an engineering student, an architect, or just curious about the field, this free engineering dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of engineering terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Our engineering dictionary app compiles multiple authoritative engineering dictionaries and encyclopedias, all from industry-leading publishers, and features entries from across multiple disciplines, including:
Diagrams, illustrations, and photos
+ much more…
* Search 28,000+ engineering terms and definitions from top sources you won't find anywhere else.
* 9,000+ engineering images, including diagrams, illustrations, and architectural photos.
* Add unlimited bookmarks to quickly access the terms you view most.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* Listen to 10,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
Medical Dictionary - Healthcare Terminology
Medical Dictionary - Healthcare Definitions and Terminology is a free, iOS medical dictionary app that gives you instant access to more than 180,000 medical terms, over 50,000 audio pronunciations, and 12,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, Elsevier, Mosby's, Saunders, Dorland's, Gale, and more.
Whether you’re a practicing physician, nurse, med student or just plain curious, this free medical dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of medical terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search from across multiple disciplines - Our medical dictionary app compiles more than a dozen medical dictionary and encyclopedia sources, and includes entries on:
Tests and procedures
Medical research topics
+ much more…
* Search 180,000+ medical terms and definitions.
* Access over 40,000 entries available anytime offline.
* Browse 1,000s of medical abbreviations and acronyms.
* Study more than 4,000 over-the-counter and prescription drugs in our medication guide.
Legal Dictionary - Law Definitions and Thesaurus
Legal Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 58,000 legal terms and over 42,000 audio pronunciations from authoritative sources trusted by attorneys, including West's Encyclopedia of American Law, Burton's Legal Thesaurus, and McGraw-Hill. Plus offline content.
Whether you're an attorney, law student, or looking to better understand complex legal advice, this free legal dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of legal terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search thousands of definitions, including detailed entries on:
Legal terms and concepts
US law and the Constitution
Important legal cases
Individuals significant to the history of law
+ much more…
* Search 58,000+ legal terms, including extensive info on US law and the Constitution. Plus offline content.
Financial Dictionary - Investing Terminology
Financial Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 26,000 financial and business terms, plus more than 20,000 entries available without an Internet connection, all from authoritative sources by industry experts.
Whether you're a financial advisor, an investor, a business student, or just curious about the world of finance, this free financial dictionary app will help you find clear, in-depth definitions of business terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search across multiple disciplines for detailed entries on:
+ much more…
* Search 26,000+ financial and business definitions from top sources you won't find anywhere else.
* Access nearly 20,000 entries available anytime offline.