Engineering Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 28,000 engineering terms and 9,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill.
Whether you’re an engineer, an engineering student, an architect, or just curious about the field, this free engineering dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of engineering terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Our engineering dictionary app compiles multiple authoritative engineering dictionaries and encyclopedias, all from industry-leading publishers, and features entries from across multiple disciplines, including:
Diagrams, illustrations, and photos
+ much more…
* Search 28,000+ engineering terms and definitions from top sources you won’t find anywhere else.
* 9,000+ engineering images, including diagrams, illustrations, and architectural photos.
* Add unlimited bookmarks to quickly access the terms you view most.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you’re looking for.
* Listen to 10,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text. (With supported devices)
Medical Dictionary – Healthcare Definitions and Terminology is a free, iOS medical dictionary app that gives you instant access to more than 180,000 medical terms, over 50,000 audio pronunciations, and 12,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin, Elsevier, Mosby’s, Saunders, Dorland’s, Gale, and more.
Whether you’re a practicing physician, nurse, med student or just plain curious, this free medical dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of medical terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search from across multiple disciplines – Our medical dictionary app compiles more than a dozen medical dictionary and encyclopedia sources, and includes entries on:
Tests and procedures
Medical research topics
+ much more…
* Search 180,000+ medical terms and definitions.
* Access over 40,000 entries available anytime offline.
* Browse 1,000s of medical abbreviations and acronyms.
* Study more than 4,000 over-the-counter and prescription drugs in our medication guide.
Legal Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 58,000 legal terms and over 42,000 audio pronunciations from authoritative sources trusted by attorneys, including West’s Encyclopedia of American Law, Burton’s Legal Thesaurus, and McGraw-Hill. Plus offline content.
Whether you’re an attorney, law student, or looking to better understand complex legal advice, this free legal dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of legal terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search thousands of definitions, including detailed entries on:
Legal terms and concepts
US law and the Constitution
Important legal cases
Individuals significant to the history of law
+ much more…
* Search 58,000+ legal terms, including extensive info on US law and the Constitution. Plus offline content.
Financial Dictionary by Farlex gives you free, instant access to more than 26,000 financial and business terms, plus more than 20,000 entries available without an Internet connection, all from authoritative sources by industry experts.
Whether you’re a financial advisor, an investor, a business student, or just curious about the world of finance, this free financial dictionary app will help you find clear, in-depth definitions of business terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search across multiple disciplines for detailed entries on:
+ much more…
* Search 26,000+ financial and business definitions from top sources you won’t find anywhere else.
* Access nearly 20,000 entries available anytime offline.
MileIQ is the gold standard when it comes to tracking mileage. This app comes equipped with all of the bells and whistles, such as smart-drive technology which automatically logs your drive and calculates that drive’s value. Classify all of your trips easily and save your drive data in the cloud to access it on a different device if needed. You can even export your data for filing purposes. The app sports a nifty and sharp interface, which is an added bonus. MileIQ allows you to track 40 drives free of charge each month, but if you need to track more, there are subscription services available.
TaxMileage also comes with bells and whistles like MileIQ, minus the automatic drive logging. That doesn’t mean that you should dismiss this app, though. Some people prefer to track their mileage manually instead of relying on an app. If that sounds like you, then this is the essential app you’ll want.
Dropbox is the mobile app that lets you view and access all of the files that you have stored in your Dropbox account. If you have Dropbox on your computer, just drop whatever files you need into the Dropbox folder, and everything will show up on your iOS devices once it is synced. The Dropbox app is pretty good at letting you view documents and playing media files, but the real magic is in how Dropbox is integrated with a ton of other apps. Link other apps to your Dropbox and you can view, open and edit files on-the-go.
OneDrive is the one place for everything in your life. It gives you free online storage for all your personal files, so you can access them from your Mac and any other devices you use – iPhone, iPad, PC, Windows Phone or Android. With OneDrive for Business, you also get storage for your work files so you can share and collaborate on them with other people at your work or school/university. The OneDrive app for Mac makes it easy to work with your OneDrive files on your Mac:
•Access your OneDrive files directly from the Finder, including attachments that you’ve saved to OneDrive from Outlook.com, and documents and spreadsheets that you’ve created from Office Online.
•Work with your OneDrive files even when you’re offline. Your changes will sync automatically the next time you’re online.
•Choose the folders in your OneDrive that you want to sync on your Mac.
•Add several files or folders to OneDrive at a time by dragging them to the OneDrive folder. By putting your files in OneDrive, you can access them from anywhere and have a backup in case something happens to your computer.
•Easily open, edit and create docs and other files in OneDrive from applications such as Word or Excel.
The official Google Calendar app lets you view your important calendars quickly in month, week, day, and schedule views. You can pull in events from Gmail, use reminders to go along with your events, add personal goals, create new events on the fly and even work with other calendars on your phone, like Exchange and iCloud.
When it comes to the calendar app you’ll use every day on my iPhone, the native iOS Google Calendar, straight from the Google mothership, is the best calendar app out there. It looks and works the same way Google Calendar works on the web, and that’s the way we like it. No messing with sync or permissions: Google Calendar for iPhone is just that: Google Calendar on your iPhone.
Meet Outlook for iOS, the app that helps millions of users connect all their email accounts, calendars and files in one convenient spot. Newly redesigned, Outlook for iOS lets you do more from one powerful inbox.
See what matters most first with the Focused inbox that keeps the important messages on top. Switch between your emails and calendar to schedule your next meeting or share your availability with just a few taps. Or grab a document from your Files list and attach it to an email seamlessly.
With everything you need only a tap away, managing your busy days is now easier than ever.
Outlook for iOS works with Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Outlook.com (including Hotmail and MSN), Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and iCloud.
MailTime is a mobile messenger built with email technology. It’s email as quick and easy as texting, and messaging without forcing all your contacts to download the same app. It syncs all your desktop emails and smartly sort them into conversational emails and newsletters so you can deal with your inbox easily on the go. MailTime supports Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL, Office 365, Mail.ru, Hotmail, QQ,163, 126, Tencent Enterprise, Sina Mail, Google Apps Mail services. You can also attach files from Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box, and One Drive with MailTime.
Inbox by Gmail is a fresh new take on your Gmail inbox. Rather than give you a traditional email inbox, this app gives you highlights for the day, which means you only see what new messages you got today, rather than having a mess of messages from many days before. Additionally, the bundles feature is extremely useful, as it bundles up similar messages, which means it is easier to get rid of. And if you have trouble remembering to take action on some messages, Inbox also has reminders to help you stay on top of your email. Users can also snooze messages for later and search through their entire email account for something specific. It’s a great app that makes it much easier to manage a full inbox throughout the day.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Undo Send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type & spelling suggestions
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
• Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
• Send and receive attachments
• See profile pictures as part of the conversation
– Fast PDF Rendering with large PDF support
– Smooth vertical scrolling – allow you to scroll through your entire PDF document smoothly and efficiency.
– Open documents in multiple tabs.
– Multi-purposes SideBar includes everything you need to skim through your documents like never before: Page Thumbnails, PDF Outlines/Bookmarks, Annotation List & Search Panel.
– PDF Text to Speech
– Advanced PDF Text Reflow: This Amazing Text Reflow feature that helps you read your PDF easily with any kind of PDF. Forget the tedious pan & zoom steps, you now just enjoy reading your documents.
– Smart Zoom: Double-tap on text blocks and PDF Max will zoom the touched text block to fit the screen. Simple & efficient reading.
– Friendly & Easy to use User Interface
* ANNOTATING FEATURES
– Text markup: Highlight, Underline, Strike out & Squiggle
– Unlimited threaded comments (notes) attached to any annotation.
– Create VOICE ANNOTATIONS: Record and embed voice annotations within the PDF document.
– HANDWRITING with Advanced Zoom-In Writing feature
– Eraser tools to manipulate your handwriting
– Shape tools to draw Line, Arrow, Rectangle & Oval with intelligent snapping
– Rich format Freetext tool to type over PDF pages
– Stamp tool to insert Predefined, Standard Business Stamps & Custom Stamps
– Signature tool to manage and insert your signatures
– Undo/Redo function to correct your mistake
* EDITING FEATURES
– Manage PDF Pages (Insert, Copy/Cut/Paste, Reorder & Delete PDF Pages)
– Manage PDF Outlines (Table of Contents) , PDF Embedded Links
* FORM-FILLING FEATURES:
– Support Text field, checkboxes, radio buttons, dropdown list, buttons & date-time fields
– Support AcroForms & Static XFA Forms
– Zoom-in writing to fill out scanned/non-interactive PDF forms
– Multiple signatures support, plus one-time signature for customer
* PDF OUTLINE, PDF LINK & BOOKMARK MANAGEMENT FEATURES
– Create and manipulate PDF Outlines
– Create and manage PDF Bookmarks
– Create and edit PDF Embedded Links
* FILE MANAGEMENT FEATURES:
– Auto syncing with Dropbox, Box, OneDrive & Google Drive with offline support
– Copy/Move PDF documents between cloud storage services
– Built-in PDF Library management
* OTHER FEATURES
– Bookmarks management with ability to export as PDF Outlines
– Email or Print PDF via Google Cloud Print
– Auto or manual saving
– PDF documents/forms modified by PDF Max are compatible with Adobe Acrobat standard
With the Adobe Acrobat Reader app, you can read, annotate, scan, and send PDF documents. Open existing files and mark them up with highlighting, underlining, and drawing tools. You can also add comments, use your Apple Pencil, and scan multiple document pages into one PDF. The app is easy-to-use and offers even more features via in-app purchase.
Advanced PDF Scanner app:
– Scan to high quality PDF or JPEG
– Save scans in grayscale, black and white or color
– Automatic shutter and border detection for any scannable object
– Advanced pic processing with enhancement and color correction, noise removing, automatic perspective correction and more
– Choose between low, medium and HD scan quality
– Extract any text from scans or images using OCR
– Multipage scanning – scan as many pages as you like
– Batch processing mode
– E-sign any document by adding your signature to scans within the app
– Cut, copy or paste pages from and to iScanner
– Recognize and copy any text from your scans
– Full featured file manager with folders, drag & drop and document editing
– Protect your documents by locking folders and scans with password
– Sort documents by time, date or name
– Choose between table and collection view modes
Document Sharing Tools:
– Share your scans via email
– Easy print your scans with any Wi-Fi printer
– Share and upload scanned documents to cloud services like Dropbox, Evernote, Yandex Disk, Box, OneDrive or Google Drive
– Back up all app documents to your iCloud
– Export scans to our Fax app and send Faxes worldwide
– Save scans to Camera Roll
SimplySteno brings you the MUST-HAVE app for court reporting students! The iSteno Brief Machine contains over 80,000 English words and phrases, with over 600,000 steno translations. Need a steno brief? Just type in the English word or phrase – Search – and you’ll get your steno results. Or use it in reverse! Type in a steno outline – Search – and you’ll get all the possible English translations.
Google Maps virtually owns the navigation apps scene and it remains of the best Android apps ever. It gets frequent, almost weekly updates that seem to only add to its incredibly generous list of existing features. Aside from the very basics, Google Maps gives you access to places of interest, traffic data, directions to things like rest stops or gas stations, and they even let you have offline maps now (albiet temporarily). If you add to that the Waze experience, which includes tons of its own features, and you won’t need another navigation app. Ever.
Evernote gives you the tools you need to keep your work effortlessly organized:
• Write, collect and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, checklists and to-do lists
• Take notes in a variety of formats, including: text, sketches, photos, audio, video, PDFs, web clippings and more
• Use the camera to effortlessly scan, digitize, and organize your paper documents, business cards, handwritten notes and drawings
• Use Evernote as a digital notepad and easy-to-format word processor for all your thoughts as they come
Evernote gives you the ability to sync your content across devices:
• Sync everything automatically across any computer, phone or tablet
• Start your task working on one device and continue on another without ever missing a beat
• Add a passcode lock to the mobile app for more privacy
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
Evernote gives you the tools to share, discuss and collaborate productively with others:
• Create, share and discuss with the people who help get your work done, all in one app
• Search within pictures and annotate images to give quick feedback
• Develop your projects faster and let multiple participants work on different aspects
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Make personal checklists to keep your thoughts organized
• Set reminders to keep on top of activities and write to-do lists
• Gather, capture and store every thought you need to stay productive
• Plan events such as holidays, weddings or parties
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Create agendas, write memos and craft presentations
• Annotate documents with comments and thoughts during team meetings, then share with colleagues
• Get your projects underway faster and maximise productivity by letting multiple participants access and work on different aspects alongside each other